Wednesday, August 5, 2009

When I am not planning weddings...

...you might find me at the spa! There is a lot of lifting and being on your feet when you are a wedding planner. It can really start to take a toll on your body [and mind.] :-) So what do I do to combat the stress? You can find me relaxing at the spa...

Over the years I have found so many awesome spas! As there always seems to be a spa party associated with weddings somehow--so whether you are looking for a spa party for your bridesmaids, looking to get some relaxing time in with your fiance or you are simply seeking some alone time...

...let me share a few of my favorite spas based on my mood...

Quite Time - Pit Stop
Soul Ease - Kirkland, WA
Michelle the owner is a former event planner--turned spa owner. Soul Ease is the perfect name for this spa as it instantly calms your mind and body upon entering. To get away and just be by yourself--this is the place to be.

Quite Time - I am Going to be a While
Spa at the Woodmark - Kirkland, WA
Before you get a 90 minute massage--indulge in a fluffy bath robe, sneak a few chocolate covered strawberries and sip on some soul warming tea--all while getting inspired by flipping through the latest bridal magazines.

Out with a Couple of Girlfriends
Julep Nail Parlor - Downtown Seattle, Bellevue, Gig Harbor and U District
If you are anything like me and my girlfriends we are bold, loud and speak our mind--not to mention we are always laughing. There is a place for you if this sounds familiar. Julep Nail parlor is the best group setting for a spa day with the leading ladies in your life. You can grab a favorite movie to bring along while you are all getting pampered or order up a drink while catching up with your girls.

Get away with your Fiance or new Hubby
I would start off with a night of good food and a drink in the lounge then spend the night in one of their outstanding rooms. Even their basic King room is over the top! The next morning I would go for a couples massage in their couples massage room. Comfy yet contemporary describes this northwest escape.


Feeling Cold?
Oasis Spa & Salon - Woodinville, WA
Being here in the northwest I get the chills for days on end and wish I were somewhere tropical. If getting away is your goal--head to Oasis--they have a very Tommy Bahama theme going making you feel like you just stepped off a plane in the Caribbean. By the way--get their facial!

Downtown Diva
Four Seasons - Spa
Just feeling like you are on top of the world and need a refreshing place to treat yourself? After shopping for a cute new pair of shoes I suggest heading down to the Four Seasons Spa on Union. You won't regret it..I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment